Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer Time

Hi Blog, it's been a while, I miss you. Let's never go so long without talking again, okay?
I don't have internet access at my house, and though I can use the internet at the food coop just two blocks away, it is very easy to sit tight and put off writing or reading nytimes.com or responding to emails for just one more night. It's nice, I've been reading a lot, but I'll try harder though, people don't like to feel ignored, I promise I'll pay you even just a little more attention.

Since we last talked, I finished my sophomore year of college and moved into a new house. It's the same distance from Reed as my old one, but in the opposite direction, in a much nicer part of town, a cute neighborhood with lots of families and children and people who walk by me and say hello in the morning as I eat breakfast on the stoop.
I've been cooking a lot, esp. with my two housemates. Following is documentation of my summer, mostly of some of our wonderful creations, with the intention of recipes to look forward to.
.Salad with avocado and grapefruit and ginger miso dressing; cornbread with add diced bell peppers (best cornbread ive ever had) and pepper relish. From left, Alice, David, and me.
"Easy dinner" - rice and black beans with avocado and tomatoes and bells and onions and lettuce.
A night we had people over for dinner. These are my three housemates: from left, Alice, Seth, and Maura.
Lentils, a personal favorite, with zucchini tomato mint patties.

We found a bbq in our garage and decided to use it. The bottom screw may or may not have been slightly rusted. I made tzatziki with pita bread and we cooked kabobs and afterwards we made s'mores :)
A casserole I "winged" from scratch. My first! I felt particularly domestic with this one. Zucchini, carrots, onions, spinach, and pine nuts. Baked beats on the side.

As I sit here outside at peoples in my floral hat my dad bought me and my swimsuit top (now it's really summer!) I listen to the key note singing class upstairs and beautiful voices pouring outside.

More soon! Enjoy the sun, love maya

No comments:

Post a Comment